As a property and casualty insurance specialist for more than 100 years, Saskatchewan Mutual Insurance Company (SMI) seeks opportunities to be the preferred insurance carrier. At SMI, we not only celebrate people, but we are driven by a relentless need to build personal connections resulting in exceptional customer experiences. Join a team that strives to become a beacon of hope in times where people need us the most.
Are you a talented, results-driven leader looking to mentor a team committed to delivering an exceptional customer experience? The Underwriting Manager is a key member of our leadership team whose passion is to exceed expectations and model our vision to become the insurance partner of choice on the prairies.
To safeguard this position for YOU, we’d like to see:
- Growth Ambassador – balanced with a background in commercial underwriting and risk mitigation, your hunger to grow a profitable book of business is apparent
- Drive to Contribute – usage of industry research, continuous education, and connections in the industry to recommend meaningful product development and the associated policy wordings
- Execute with Excellence – cultivate collaboration between underwriting and other business units
- Know your People – the fundamental building block to success lies in your ability to form trusted relationships with everyone you come in contact with daily
- Drive the Business – think strategically, champion the brand, provide your team with the tools to be successful
YOU demonstrate these leadership competencies at a premium:
- Call to Action – people are drawn to the underwriting team because you preach doing the right thing as SMI’s competitive advantage.
- Communication is Key – interpersonal, oral, and written communication combined with relationship and team building are what set you apart.
- Keep it Simple – you bring strong analytical skills with attention to detail to promote your ability to solve complex problems and refine big decisions down to their core.
- Decision Making Prowess – you take pride in making tough calls because you own them and stand by the analysis, wisdom, and experience used in your decision making. You model your passion for needs-based growth by ensuring the team focus remains committed to attaining assigned goals.
- Will to Win – set a clear vision, welcome and support change and challenge, influence others, defy uncertainty and eliminate ambiguity
YOUR background provides coverage in the following areas:
- A relevant Degree, Association or Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Professional (FCIP) designation or a combination of education and experience in the insurance services industry
- Minimum of 5 years’ of leadership experience, ideally in the areas of commercial underwriting and risk mitigation
- Proven leadership and supervision at a senior level with emphasis on people first, coaching, accountability, and performance management
While we may be a bit biased, this position offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and the possibility to grow your career through future advancement.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, we want to hear from you!
Please submit an electronic copy of your cover letter and resume by November 1, 2020 to email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
There are currently no openings at this time.
Interested in joining our team of professionals? Please submit all correspondence to:
279 3rd Avenue North
Saskatoon, SK S7K 2H8
We thank you for your interest in SMI; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.